Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thermistor replacement for a 100k 3950

Status
Not open for further replies.

davisdrafting

I don’t understand thermistor data sheets and am having trouble finding a replacement for what I was told was a 100kΩ β-3950 on Mouser.

This is for a water temperature sensor that typically sees 150*F – 230*F
can I replace it with any 100kΩ ? accuracy isn’t that big of an issue.

I don’t understand thermistor data sheets and am having trouble finding a replacement for what I was told was a 100kΩ β-3950 on Mouser.

This is for a water temperature sensor that typically sees 150*F – 230*F
can I replace it with any 100kΩ ? accuracy isn’t that big of an issue.

hi,:)

Problem with thermistors is that there so many temperature sensitivity curves and if you dont replace the faulty one with same spec the temperature indication could be well out.

Can you post the datasheet for the sick one, someone may suggest a close fit.

Mikebits
I don’t understand these specks, what do they mean?
B0/50 B25/100 B25/50 B25/75 B25/85

ericgibbs
That’s all the info the company was willing to give out, no datasheet.

There are to LED’s that light up one “danger” and “hot” I can manually set those so if it reads 10*F hotter or cooler then actual temperature that’s fine
as long as it’s consistent. I would like better accuracy, think I could settle for 10*+- though

Last edited:
The 100kΩ β-3950 is pretty much all you need. Did you check the links I gave?

Guess I should have posted not edited

Mikebits
I don’t understand these specks, what do they mean?
B0/50 B25/100 B25/50 B25/75 B25/85

Last edited:
The second link I gave is a part that is 100K at 25 deg C and has a B3950.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back