Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thermistor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioCrack

Hi, I pretty much know nothing about thermistors and how to select them.
I need a thermistor that linearly increases resistance from 100k to 200k, when temperature linearly rises by 75C. Can you help me out?

Last edited:
You will not find a thermistor that can do that. Thermistors are by nature non-linear, and can't be selected by resistance range like that. It would have to be an IC or otherwise active circuit that convereted a thermistors output linearly into an equivilant transistorized ouput resistance in the desired range.

If your looking for an analogue device, perhaps the **broken link removed**will work for you?

It provides a 10mV/Degree output, and the scale depends on how it wired up.

Here's an example for a -55 to +150 degree temperature sensor (there are simpler ways to go about it, check the LM35DZ datasheet)
**broken link removed**

A great digital solution is the **broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I'm working on a pH probe amplifier and the mV output of a pH probe is dependant on temperature (and the concentration of H+ ions ofcourse). So I need some sort of temperature compensating device or circuit that'll decrease the gain of the probe's non-inverting amplifier as temperature increases and vise versa.

Some kind of LM35DZ circuit would be perfect; i better get cracking. Thanks gramo and everyone!

Last edited:
G'Day Gramo,
Ref the Lm35, I did find when I did tests using +5V to the device, with two diodes to 0V, I had linearity problems near the high tempr end.

The spec sheet says Vop = 4 to 30V, with a +5Vs and Vdp of 1.4V with two diodes, the Vs across the LM35 is only +3.6V.

I had to increase the Vs, as I had a +9Vs on the board, used that and it cleared the problem.
EDIT: Look at the Datasheet Fig #7, the +5V is now +Vs!

Liked your movie, yesterday, re the stepper, nice one!, answered the OP's query.
Will buy you a film Directors chair at Xmas.;)

Regards

Last edited:
ericgibbs said:
I had to increase the Vs, as I had a +9Vs on the board, used that and it cleared the problem.
EDIT: Look at the Datasheet Fig #7, the +5V is now +Vs!

Too true.. I never actually took it that high to find out! :eek:

ericgibbs said:
Liked your movie, yesterday, re the stepper, nice one!, answered the OP's query.
Will buy you a film Directors chair at Xmas.;)

If a picture can tell a thousands words, then a movie with hundreds of frames must be a paperback novel! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back