Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thermally but not electrically conductive tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

I am looking for a thermally conductive yet electrically insulating material to wind Tesla coil secondaries on. So far the only thing I have come up with is glass. And maybe ceramic of some type. But I am having a hard time finding a supplier, other than going down to Wal-Mart and buying some very large dinner glasses.

Any ideas fellas?

If you can find any solid diamond tubes of the approximate diameter you need they'd work well, but I think Mike's suggestion of clay would work well.

Mind you BAKE IT to drive out moisture and seal it with something.

A Google search turned up this company: LSP Industrial Ceramics. Their online brochure says they can supply alumina ceramic tubes in diameters up to 9 1/2 inches OD with a 1/4 inch thick wall.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back