Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thermal transfer to pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew2022

would this work and would it be resistant to ferric chloride?

also what is the green stuff what covers a pcb called?

Well, I'm not sure what exactly you're talking about "Thermal transfer to PCB". I thought you were speaking of heat-sinking a component to the PCB, but your question about the Ferric Chloride nulls that assumption. I'm confused on what exactly you are speaking of. :?:

As far as the green stuff, the most common name is "Solder mask". It is basically a coating that keeps the copper and solder from corrosion, tarnish, accidental shorting (in most cases) etc. Most electronics suppliers will carry this Solder mask, or a version of it.

av seen printers (mainly on fax machines) which use a roll of ink and transfer it to the paper (i think itz called thermal transfer). i was going to try this but replace the paper with a sheet of copper clad (rather than print to transfer sheets, which most of the time dont work for me)

andrew2022 said:
av seen printers (mainly on fax machines) which use a roll of ink and transfer it to the paper (i think itz called thermal transfer). i was going to try this but replace the paper with a sheet of copper clad (rather than print to transfer sheets, which most of the time dont work for me)

Thermal paper fax machines don't use any kind of ink, they simply burn the paper to mark it. You can get inkjet fax machines, these spray the ink on to plain paper.

my dads fax machines uses plain paper and has a roll of thin black stuff what is rolled over the paper nd heated (i think). the box also says it is thermal transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back