Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Way to offset the voltage for ADC623

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesamune80

Hello,i am helping a new member name :samchristy to post the following question,anyone can help him out,i really appreciate for your help ^_^
the following is what he want to ask about:

I would appreciate any advice on setting up an offset voltage with the AD623. I apologize for contacting you directly, but I have not been able to post to the Electro-tech forum and I noticed your posting about the AD623. My application is an altimeter for a rocket which will include at least a pressure sensor and accelerometer. I am planning to use the AD623 as an interface between the sensors and our microcontroller's A/D. I choose the AD623 mainly because I have very little analog experience,
and it looked like a reliable and low-cost solution.

One sensor outputs between .204V and 4.794V. I am interested in the range between 4.058V and 4.197V. Setting the gain should not be a problem, but I am confused about how exactly to set the offset of
4.058V. My instinct is to put a voltage divider on REF (though experts suggest a buffer instead), but then how do I connect -IN? As you can tell, I do not have much experience with op-amps.

Again, I would appreciate any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back