The Way to offset the voltage for ADC623

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesamune80

Hello,i am helping a new member name :samchristy to post the following question,anyone can help him out,i really appreciate for your help ^_^
the following is what he want to ask about:

I would appreciate any advice on setting up an offset voltage with the AD623. I apologize for contacting you directly, but I have not been able to post to the Electro-tech forum and I noticed your posting about the AD623. My application is an altimeter for a rocket which will include at least a pressure sensor and accelerometer. I am planning to use the AD623 as an interface between the sensors and our microcontroller's A/D. I choose the AD623 mainly because I have very little analog experience,
and it looked like a reliable and low-cost solution.

One sensor outputs between .204V and 4.794V. I am interested in the range between 4.058V and 4.197V. Setting the gain should not be a problem, but I am confused about how exactly to set the offset of
4.058V. My instinct is to put a voltage divider on REF (though experts suggest a buffer instead), but then how do I connect -IN? As you can tell, I do not have much experience with op-amps.

Again, I would appreciate any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…