Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Velleman K8055 Kit - HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slakkie

Hi,

I have this kit which I recently had someone build for me...

**broken link removed**

How do I connect a 1.5 V battery to test the kit.

I am talking about a 1.5V AA battery...

Analog Input 1 I connected the positive of the battery.
Analog Ground I connected the negative of the battery.

Why does it still show nothing!

As a test for functionality make sure pots RV1 (labeled ATT1) and RV2 (labeled ATT2) are not set fully clockwise, or counterclockwise. Try setting them midway, and then try your battery test again.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm happy to hear it's working for you. Now, either set those pots fully counterclockwise or fully clockwise, whichever will give you the greatest voltage reading so that your measurements will be accurate.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm going to make sure my battery shows exactly 1.5 Volts. Then I'm going to keep turning the potentiometer until it also shows 15 / 1.5 or 150 (need to find out from manual first).

Good idea. Make sure there are no jumpers installed at locations labeled SK2 and SK3 on the circuit board, or you will be measuring an internal +5v voltage on the board combined with your battery voltage.

The user's manual and assembly manual is at the link you provided in your first post.

Last edited:
I removed the jumpers at SK1 and SK2 to check external voltages less than +5V on my K8055D USB Board. Putting them back let me check the analog inputs using the USB Board's internal power combined with the software demo to control the voltage levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back