Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The "unit of resistance" posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I click on the posting "ohms (underscored)" my page just resets and the browser (IE6) doesn't go to the thread.

Anyone know why?

FireFox browser does the same thing and will not open it either. No idea why the link is bad if it shows 7 replies so far.
Dialtone

It's all my fault, guys (and gals). I posted what I thought was an innocent question and by making the title of the thread "ohm", it really screwed things up. You can view the thread by clicking on the little white page to the left of "ohm". Otherwise, here's what the OP for that thread is:

I notice that the various versions of Infopop interpret the writing of ohm (or maybe its only after following a number such as 47 ohms or 47ohms) as a blue underscored ohm. Example is in the OP of https://www.electro-tech-online.com...er-pcbs-developing-s-c-between-layers.14875/#

Just as interesting, it's clickable and sends you to the top of the thread.

And if I look at my posting, the plural doesn't do that. It has to be something like "1 ohm". And if you right-click to check the properties, it shows up as the URL for the thread, which is why it goes to the top of the thread. So, the only question is, why does Infopop intrepret "ohm" as the thread's URL?

Anyone know why this happens or if in can be eliminated?

Clicking on the little white (sometimes orange) page does nothing either.

The little page was orange (new post) when I got in by clicking on it. Now it is white and I can't get in anymore even if I copy and paste its address into my browser's (IE6) window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back