Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Sun, Moon, and the Stars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTech

I attended an electronic flea-market, computer show last weekend and man, oh man, the rediculous prices many vendors posted --- just crazy! 1998 vintage VGA display boards selling for $10-$20 and they aren't even AGP, but they did have 8MB of onboard memory... wow!! Empty PC cases selling for $10-$20... I mean totally empty and full of scratches! Old CRT monitors priced at $50. Fifty dollars??? Get real. I see this kind of crud regularly tossed at the curb on garbage night. The only deal I got was some old man gave me a box of PC cards for free 'cause he didn't want to take it back home. It was old stuff from the late 90's but good for pullin' off a few usable parts. Well there was one other good deal and that was a Wavetek SAM III signal analysis meter. It measures up to 600MHz, has vert/horiz out, sound, video, and continuous freq. selection via digital keypad entry. I paid $25.00

How would I go about finding a market like that in my area? (Rochester, NY) I'd love to pick up some stuff for parts, or especially any dirt cheap test equipment or other such "nifty" stuff

ARRL Hamfest Calendar also lists them --- for New York state:
ARRLWeb: Hamfest and Convention Database

Rochester has one of the nations largest hamfest/'puter shows. It takes easily a whole day to walk the vendor tables.... and that's if you don't stop to chat. Dayton, Ohio is even larger!

I remember a few years back at a Rochester show, a vendor was selling a crappy old TV set. It was metal cabinet, green phosphor CRT, complete with burn-ins, rounded corners, loads of tubes inside it and a silly mechanical tuner. He had it priced at $60.00 I asked him if the decimal point was in the wrong place! I told him to move it two places to the left!! He got flippy with me and I walked away laughing.

Ehh, who knows, the tubes may have been worth something =)

Kijiji seems okay Hank but the privacy policy is like saying 'please spam me' my e-mail is currently clean I'm a little wary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back