Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The sine function in LTspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi

Hi,

Has anybody ever used the sine/cosine function in LTspice? I tried to plot a sine function with a certain frequency, but it didn't seem to show the right curve. For example,
upload_2015-2-28_13-5-22.png

the green wave is the correct sine wave of frequency 1Hz without phrase angle, the blue one is the result of ploting sin(2*pi*time). Do you know what is wrong? Thank you.

hi,
You must include the 'radian' value in your equation. sin(2*pi*57.29*time)

[360degree/2*pi]= ~ 57.29
E

This is where you use a Behavioral Voltage source in place of a normal Voltage source.

a is 2Vpp @ 3Hz generated by a Voltage source
b is 1.95Vpp @ 3Hz generated by a Behavioral Voltage source
c is a offset by 90degrees (i.e. Cos)
d is a decaying version of a

155.gif

Ha, I got it. I didn't think of that they use degree per second in LTspice. Most of the time I use Pspice where radian per second is used.

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back