Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The new guy is confused..

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy

First off I have to say this is a great forum (I only wish I knew about it months ago).

So I have a circuit diagram for a fuel enrichment module for my car, Im good to go for 99% of it but Im confused about 1 section and Im hoping you guys can help me clear my eyes.

here is the orig drawing given to me:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

And this is what Im not getting:

**broken link removed**

Thanks a million

What do you mean by cancel out? It would help if you drew the schematic more by convention so it's a bit easier to read but..

THe throttle switch connects the coil and 12V battery in a loop which makes current flow and magnetizes the coil which activates the relay.

I can't tell what your relay is supposed to do from your drawing of it.

Last edited:
What do you mean by cancel out? It would help if you drew the schematic more by convention so it's a bit easier to read but..

THe throttle switch connects the coil and 12V battery in a loop which makes current flow and magnetizes the coil which activates the relay.

I can't tell what your relay is supposed to do from your drawing of it.

Ya sorry about the drawing, it was the only one I was given (I guess his CAD software failed on him)

I guess Im confused about the second ground since the pot makes the ground in that circuit and he used the battery symbol when he say "12v ignition switched" which also confused me. But now that you mentioned the coil it makes sence now as he just showed the ground from it. I wouldint of scratched my head as much if he would of left the ground out of the pic since the ground off the coil is a given.

Those two ground symbols are like tags- they're actually the same point. It is just often very inconvenient to connect them with a line because often they are very far apart from each other on the schematic since all paths lead to ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back