Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Making of Choke Coil !

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much current? How much inductance?

Then it's rather hard to make the coil, isn't it?

OK, let us turn the question around:

I have to make a wooden box, the box has to hold some equipment.
How big should I make the box? I dont know the size of the equipment, so I have to make the box with the minimum default size.

An easy problem, isn't it?

JimB

I suggest you first describe the amplifier you're trying to build - presumably it's a valve one?, so why not just buy a choke when you buy the mains and output transformers.

Hello there,

Although that is an acceptable way to describe inductance it is much more common to describe it in actual Henries. Thus, you need a 1H inductor.
That's quite a large inductance really. Are you sure you need it that large?

rap some wire into a circle, hook up the two ends

sorry I could not resist

Last edited:
It depends on the rating.

You can make a choke coil by taking a pencil, and wrapping copper wire around the pencil.

The thickness of the wire, and the number of wraps(turns) all depend on what you are trying to choke.

Different frequencies need different construction. There are truly ENDLESS recipes.

You can use air as a core, iron, powered iron, wood, lead, ferrite, shrimp, chicken necks, your kid sister.. All kinds of stuff.

And, like I said, the thickness of wire, and the number of turns all depend on what it is being used for.

Read up:
DIY RF Choke | eHow.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back