Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Mad Scientists Thread Of Things To Make And Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

tansis

Having found a suitable place for a secret base of operations..

Let's get the power up an' online

Cold Fusion Reactors , with downloadable patents and video
**broken link removed**

Test drive a Tokomak
https://w3.pppl.gov/~dstotler/SSFD/

By now you should of got the reactor going nicely
and the lair feeling a bit more homely...

Still you have that nagging feeling that the good guys will
come storm the place at any moment, the thought of being
dragged off kicking and screaming is giving you sleepless nights
and working wonders for your insane paranoia , so some security
measures and an agressive defence setup seem to be in order.

Swarms of robotic insects, can give you that omipresnt feeling to
once the sole realm of gods and orbital spy sats. Naturally conventional
batteries or hydrocarbon burning engines are useless for such little critters. Thus , with all that power from the reactor to hand, why not try your hand at Microwave Power Transmission? ..
Turning electricity into radio waves then back into electricity..

**broken link removed**
http://www.tsgc.utexas.edu/tadp/1996/general/wpt.html

(Mosquito drawing by Tim White 1970)

Coming soon...Death Rays on a budget

Attachments

• mosq.jpg
    mosq.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,586
me like :twisted: me like :twisted:

hmm, magnetrons . . . deadly though, right?? unless the power from it is fed to an antenna??

death rays, me like even more :twisted:

woops, didnt no i wasnt signed in, teh above posting was mine.

im gonna think twice about swatting mosquitos now. wut if i swat one that was some inventor's life's work? woops :wink:

Electrolux Death Ray

"The Rolls-Royce of atomic weapons?" Maybe. Take a look at sculptor Greg Brotherton's Electrolux Death Ray, and decide for yourself. Powerful? Equipped with a genoseismic vibratofile nozzle, this "finger of God" weapon can "wipe out Martian civilizations or cut the moon in half."

I apologise for this link beforehand, it's a quick-time pop up,
(the work of another evil genius still at large)
http://www.brotron.com/film.html#

Will blow the dust off some more practical ideas soon...

Why can't it be real the boy asks....
the bespecticled evil one rubs the bridge of his nose and sighs...

During the 1991 Gulf War, electronics and software played key roles in directing laser-guided "smart" bombs and cruise missiles to targets many miles away. But such advanced guidance systems may soon come to even the most basic level of warfare — the ground-pounding infantry soldier. Yep, those gun toting ninja turtle grunts are going high tech.

Although many experts say that an advanced assault rifle, dubbed the Objective Individual Combat Weapon, or OICW, (sheesh! who comes up with these acronyms?) won't be ready for U.S. troops in the upcoming military battle against terrorists.

In development since 1994, the OICW is a product of three defense contractors: Alliant Tech Systems, a weapons systems integrator; Brashear LP, an optics maker; and Heckler and Koch, a German weapons maker. The developers promise this advanced weapon will give soldiers a much-needed edge when it comes to fighting unconventional wars — such as the upcoming conflict.

‘Fire Control’ Instead of Gun Sights

At the heart of the OICW is a new computerized electronic aiming system developed by Brashear. The "fire control" system uses passive infrared technology which can collect the invisible heat waves radiated by warm objects such as human bodies. This will allow soldiers to see and accurately shoot at targets in adverse conditions such as the dark of night or rain.

More importantly, the advanced sighting system uses an invisible laser beam to accurately measure distance, or range, to a target. That data is passed to a 20mm air-bursting high-explosive round, a new type of ammunition developed specifically for the OICW. When launched from the OICW, the projectile — basically a grenade with a tiny electronic fuse — can determine when it has traveled the correct distance and then explode.

Rather oddly this idea first came to light back in 1984 in the sci-fi novel
"Across Realtime" by Vernor Vinge, brighter students might also want to
search this web page for the word "steerable" :wink:
https://www.thegunzone.com/556dw-5.html

Tom Bierman, business manager for the OICW program at Alliant, says that the combination of sophisticated sighting systems and new ammunition make the weapon extremely accurate. He says that the current grenade launcher, the M-203 which is attached to the bottom of M-16 rifles, is capable of only a 10 percent hit probability at ranges of 300 meters. But early OICW prototypes increased the hit probability to 50 percent.

No Place to Hide

What's more, the ability to "program" the new grenade on how and when to explode will give the soldier of the future an ability to hit hidden targets. To hit snipers hiding behind a berm or dune, for example, a soldier with an OICW would simply get the range to the object hiding the target and then program the grenade to explode a few meters further.

Still Far Off

Still, for all the improvements that OICW may bring, many note it will be some time before it — or any other smart rifle — makes its way to the common U.S. foot soldier.

For one, Bierman says that only a handful of OICW prototypes have been built for testing. And while the weapon has passed the so-called Proof of Principles stage, it is just now entering the "Program Definition and Risk Reduction" phase. In that part of weapons testing, which may begin by the end of the year, the U.S. Army will take a closer look at what exactly it wants and how OICW is to perform in future battles.

Bierman and Alliant's partners are more optimistic about the OICW's adoption, however. If the program remains on track, Bierman says the first military units would get OICWs by 2010.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/CuttingEdge/story?id=98261&page=1

Oh allright then, for those of you who seek world domination
before the year 2010, here is a leg up for you...

THE DIY DEATH RAY

**broken link removed**

Strictly speaking this is a taser cannon, with a measly
35 foot range but does make up for this with its 30 round
dart/wire capability. Nevertheless it still provides a good
building block for a longer range weapon. The addition of
a high energy UV laser or X-ray source is the secret to success.
These forms of electromagnetic radiation are capable of ionizing
air, in short without all the physics the air becomes conductive
just like a wire.

The addition of
a high energy UV laser or X-ray source is the secret to success.

:roll: thats it? ill whip something up in the garage by morning
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

The curious tale of David Hahn, some older members
may recall the events of 1995..

When David's Geiger counter began picking up radiation five doors from his mom's house, he decided that he had "too much radioactive stuff in one place" and began to disassemble the reactor. He hid some of the material in his mother's house, left some in the shed, and packed most of the rest into the trunk of his Pontiac.....

http://www.members.shaw.ca/glurt/radioactive.html

ahh yes, i remember reading about him a long time ago. he's in the navy is he?

wut a coincidence, i was just watching a thing on history channel about nuclear, radiation, etc. then i watched a conspiracy theory show about area 51. interesting stuff.

i no this has nothing 2 do w/ radiation n junk, but chek out this website, prety cool. **broken link removed**

Ahh yes, sadly the link for the Portable HERF Gun
is a dead end 404 at volts-amps magazine.

This link https://www.pskovinfo.ru/coilgun/indexe.htm
was brought to the attention of the forum last year.
Well worth a read for any budding coil gunner.

Is that 4 real!? I thought that the best in coilgun technology was shooting a metal slug 20 feet in the air. but shatter glass??? cool :D

:D oh yes my eager little one, I would say so.

Compare Evgenij Vasiljev's circuit diagram with others
that can be found on the web...tell me, what differences
do any of you notice?

oh yes my eager little one, I would say so.

wut is this? frankenstein n eyegore (young frankenstein)? master n apprentice? Sith master n padawan? :lol:

well, those two transistors are different, but seeing as i haven't fiddled around w/ 555 timers yet, i don't have a clue how that circuit there works. i was supposed to get a couple 555's in the mail today, but it didnt come!! i found some nice tutorials on 555's, so wen i figure them out i'll take a second look @ that circuit.

:lol: jus my evil side surfacing
Please curious readers, feel free to add any thoughts, comments,
or requests for the less well covered topics of an electronics nature.

Coming soon... Brain Implants For Beginners

Attachments

• rocket_patrol1.jpg
    rocket_patrol1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 556
how bout those microwave guns?? :twisted: Ya know what would be fun (until u get caught)(or someone gets hurt)(probably don't want to do this), is take a microwave gun, point it out of the back of your car on a freeway, and watch all of the cars behind you slowly come to a stop. (I would never do that)

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Glad to hear that, tis always better to get one of the minions
to do the more mundane job of indiscriminate slaughter.

When I feel the urge to perform such acts I paint faces
on hens eggs and perform the LD50 test with the jolly
little things in a domestic microwave oven.
(LD50 test - the dosage required to destroy 50% of test subjects)

Microwaves may not be the best way to halt a motor vehicle
cleaning the upholstery afterwards is somewhat time consuming :twisted:

Attachments

• scanners1.jpg
    scanners1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 567
small pulses my friend. wouldnt do a thing to the human, but a couple hundred volts on the sensitive electronics for a second or two would wreak havoc :twisted: . no mess(es)

:p Your compassion does you credit

In April 1999, the Joint Command and Control Warfare Center oversaw the first military HPM weapon successfully demonstrated against electronics on a small scale. The prototype was described at the time as “elegant, safe, well built, and user friendly.” Last October, a Defense Department briefing extolled its ability to stop vehicles at hundreds of meters, and military sources hint that at least three different prototypes are available for what might be one-time use in Iraq.
http://www.arena.org.nz/scifiwps.htm

Most of the details on directed-energy weapons are classified. But there appear to be some reasons the military is focusing on the microwave band
High-power microwave devices are generally used to destroy electrical components, while UWB (Ultra-wideband )devices are more likely to only temporarily disrupt target devices.

Initial versions of directed-energy weapons in the United States and particularly in the Soviet Union also focused on chemical explosions as a potential power source
(Search - "Explosively pumped flux compression generator")
http://tech2.nytimes.com/mem/technology/techreview.html?res=9B04E1DF153DF933A15751C0A9659C8B63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back