Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The lute players, where do they sit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is they are hanging, not sitting. Just like the flying ballerinas.

John

I also considered that, initially, but their dresses on that precisse part look as they are actually sitting on something.

I would call that a swing. The seat is built into the sitting area of their costume. It is attached to the invisible suspension wires.

John

Yes, it looks like that. Their balance when crossing legs is much too "perfect". Rigid?

I would have expected them to sway a little if they are hanging, unless, they are hanging from TWO lines.

That would be my first try albeit I cannnot play lute (or any other instrument for the case). :(

Look carefully at the heel of the shoe that is on the floor. There is a contraption just visible in the close-up part of the video.

Notice how one foot never moves and appears attached to the floor.

I would say that there is a seat built into each costume and a plate on the floor with a hidden connector for each lute player.

Can't work out the details though... still very clever.

I would want to examine the floor close-up. Maybe there is a "u" shaped slot in the floor for each position?

In the Michael Jackson "Smooth Criminal" video, hidden skis were used to allow the dancers to lean at a much greater angle than would appear possible.

Yes! Problem solved. :rolleyes:

At 2 08 where there are just 4 girls, the heel of the second on the left is steady while she moves her foot!

Back to my reports on recent surveys and then electronics.

Time 1.03 really gives the game away. You can see the lute players concentrating hard on slotting their heels into the floor and you can see the heel go in.

Amazing what you do not spot when you are not looking for it.

The John's swing. Found it at 1 47; the violin players.

Look at their hips. That's where they sit on.

Yes, is like understanding a new circuit. More you look at it, more chances you have to grasp something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back