Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The "Hello World" of SDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord loh.

What can be considered the "Hello World" of Software defined radios using MATLAB or Simulink?

Could anyone suggest something simple to kick start with SDR on MATLAB or Simulink with a simulated waveform and without using any RF hardware? Such as isolating and decoding an FM or an AM?

I found a mathwork webminar that focused more on the product and less on SDR concepts. I have spent over 6 hours googling for this.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
This is cool. Never heard of this before. I may try to build the RF front end. Where can I find the interface spec sheet? Once I complete the design I would gladly share it with all of you :) I suppose I could google it, but too lazy right now:)

Last edited:
The simulation is more for my understanding. I have mostly given up and am considering buying a device. I would have been glad if someone could have made available a recorded RF waveform that I could import into MATLAB or Simulink and start working.

The 2832 has strange IF frequencies. What is meant by zero IF?

I just might build this thing. Would be cool if I could control the tuner through the software by Realtek.

So, my idea for using this Realtek needs two USB ports, one for the dongle and one for the front end to program the synthesizer. Any of you software winkidinks wanna contribute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back