Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The HAPPY thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Hi Folks

I am not in the habit of creating new threads. But if I am happy surely my joy could infect others? Like seeing the joy of projects that work...plans that work, advise that works??

Let me rephrase this little thread......If something you did today gave you enjoyment, made you happy, made you smile, made you laugh, maybe made others smile/laugh too..please post here...If you did crazy stuff and survived...please post here.

Life is too short to stress about crap. A bit of fun is always good for the soul.....Trust me.

Laughter is the best Medicine ever...

I really don't know what else to say :happy::happy:

Who else but tvtech?
Love you Guys :)

"I'm getting to the age where I'm beginning to think about the hereafter....
I walk into a room, and then try to remember what I'm here after."

Happens to me all the time :p

Great idea for a thread, tvtech. Good place to post cheerful, positive things that have happened to you :)

Cheers,
Matt

Laughter you say?
I saw a post about three drunks getting into a taxi..........:D

"I'm getting to the age where I'm beginning to think about the hereafter....
I walk into a room, and then try to remember what I'm here after."

Happens to me all the time :p

Great idea for a thread, tvtech. Good place to post cheerful, positive things that have happened to you :)

Cheers,
Matt

So, once I remember what it was I was after; suddenly I realize I can't remember what I was supposed to do after here? Bodum-tsh

Good one, tv

Here's something that happened many years ago, but may still give you guys a chuckle:

I was out one night with a friend of mine, on a double-date.
We'd done the typical British youth thing of visiting a few pubs (bars) and walking from one to the other, having a couple of drinks in each.
After the fourth or fifth pub, we got outside and my friend set off running, shouting 'race you to blah blah blah' (the next pub)
I got on my toes and set off after him and we left the girls behind.
Realising I wasn't going to catch him and the fresh air had just hit me, I decided to slow down and walk.
The feet slowed down much faster than the brain, but the brain was still working a little.....
At this point, I knew I was 'going over the handlebars' and turned slightly to protect my head.
As it happens, I had enough momentum to roll completely over on my shoulder, and back onto my feet.
My friend had heard the lack of clomping footsteps behind him and had turned around at the right time.
Witnessing my impromptu 'commando roll' resulted in him going into a laughing fit, tripping off the kerb and ending up sitting in the road.

Neither of us got a 2nd date.

OK, seeing as you asked what was good today...

The sun was shining and the birds were singing, all day.
Drove my little sports car to Aberdeen and back, to visit a client and pick up a disk with some of their propretary software for some work I am doing for them.
Very little traffic on the back roads of rural Aberdeenshire, hood down, in the sun, nice drive.
Loaded the software onto a PC, worked first time.
JimB is delighted. Happy as a pig in the proverbial.

And now something from a few years ago...

I had a guy working with me, in the bad old days when I was an employee of a large company.
This guy came across very well during the interview, but after a few weeks working with him he started to grate on my nerves.
After a couple of months he had a week off to move house to the Aberdeen area from down south in Englandshire.
Towards the end of his week off I started to think to myself "wow, isn't it great without xxxxx".
On the Monday that xxxxx was due to return, I was driving to work in the morning and thought "It would be great if he had found a new job while he was off".
When I arrived at work and walked into our office, I could instantly tell that something was wrong...
He (xxxxx) said, "I have some bad news for you Jim, while I was away, so and so company made nme an offer I could not refuse, so I will be leaving at the end of the month".
"Oh dear!" said I, "that is terrible!", yet inside I was thinking "YES, WHAT A RESULT!"
Truly a case of deja vu if ever ther was.
I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat all day.

JimB

EDIT: Moved from the "Funny Images Thread"

action-hero.gif

Ahh, Freddie Wong. Embarrassingly terrible :D

Last edited:
Never seen this before....extremely funny though...especially the waterworks from little Chinese guy...shame.
WOW...Mrs Machine Gun is one sexy, beautiful, stunning, amazing, wonderful, athletic, energetic....awesome at any angle kind of beautiful, awesome.......Woman.

Sigh....

If only I was thirty years younger with a Black Belt qualification....I reckon I could make her happy for ever.
We could spar all night long.

Dream on (message to me).

Wonderful :):):)

I have the car, that is a good start!
Yes?
No?

JimB

^^^ JimB above :p

She is sooo hot. Heck I wish I had my youth back when I was a stud....albeit a short one but nevertheless.... a stud.
Chicks loved me...and then all my hair started falling out and that was that :(

Not as bald as some of mates though.

The best I can do at this stage is hire someone just as sexy/beautiful as she is and just stare at her for an Hour...well, maybe not only staring.

Unless of course she likes me too and I have lots of money....

I will leave it there. Before I get into trouble.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
...and then all my hair started falling out and that was that :(

I know how you feel there, tvtech. I still have some hair, but I've begun to bald at the very top of my head. I'll probably be completely bald within about 5 years time :eek:

I know how you feel there, tvtech. I still have some hair, but I've begun to bald at the very top of my head. I'll probably be completely bald within about 5 years time :eek:

Heya Buddy

Latest thing if you are balding is to shave all the hair off your head...then you need to grow a bigger face/head to balance things..you also need to get into the sun and have a tanned face to complete the tanned shaved head.

My one Nephew has been shaving his head since I can remember....I could not possibly imagine seeing him now with a mop of hair on his head.
It would look totally wrong to me.....and he has a beautiful wife and kids that adore him bald/shaved head and all.

I missed stuff along the way....LOL. I try and preserve what I have left (old fashioned).

How you feeling today Matt??

Regards,
tvtech

Heya Buddy

Latest thing if you are balding is to shave all the hair off your head...then you need to grow a bigger face/head to balance things..you also need to get into the sun and have a tanned face to complete the tanned shaved head.

My one Nephew has been shaving his head since I can remember....I could not possibly imagine seeing him now with a mop of hair on his head.
It would look totally wrong to me.....and he has a beautiful wife and kids that adore him bald/shaved head and all.

I missed stuff along the way....LOL. I try and preserve what I have left (old fashioned).

How you feeling today Matt??

Regards,
tvtech

I thought of shaving it all off, but my head just doesn't have the right shape for it. Maybe if I can "grow a bigger head" I could give it a try :D

I just got up about 2 1/2 hours ago, so it's still a little early to tell how I'm doing. I just had a granola bar and an English muffin for breakfast, so hopefully I'll be hungry enough to eat a full lunch. Just realized I'm almost out of meal choices at my apartment so I'll have to do some shopping. Thinking a nice big juicy steak for lunch or dinner.... ;)

Regards,
Matt

\ Thinking a nice big juicy steak for lunch or dinner.... ;)

Regards,
Matt

I envy you. Nice big juicy steak :woot::woot:

Sounds good :):)

LOL....and I did not mean to do it...but we just took the Funny Images Thread waaay off Topic again.....
That's what happens when people get along together though. Life is good so one does not worry about the contents of a thread that was supposed to be funny anyway...

Nigel, Ian or Jim....clean up at will.

Sorry Guys....but we had a nice chat here :)

Regards,
tvtech

There you go, tvtech--posts have been moved :)

I tried to get into my truck this way. Jumped from the top of the bard. I don't have a convertible. Now I have a dent in the roof.
action-hero.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back