Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The completly Pointless Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

To lighten things up around here.

This is a thread that has no specific topic. since it has no specific topic, it is absolutely impossible for us to be off topic. please feel free to chime in with whatever you darn well feel like. lyrics of your favorite song, the weather where you are, a detailed play by play of your last job, the contents of your left pocket. anything. lets just let it flow. remember, since there is no main topic to begin with, at no point can this thread ever be off topic, so we'll have none of that "lets stay on topic" business. cant be done. there isnt one. of course, all other rules apply. lets see how long we can keep thing going.

so, to begin this completely pointless thread;

Every guy should do some sort of manly crap once a week, like fix a car, haul a large amount of furniture, or eat a Big Mac even if your a vegetarian.

Every guy should have a well stocked toolbox, even if you don't know what some of the tools are for.

Every guy should be able to at least do one Macgyver Swiss army knife save your arse stunt.

Every guy should have a Swiss army knife.

Every guy should take a girl to a chick flick to get laid.

Every guy should own and still wear a shirt so old and crusty that even your dog won't play with it, and your GF/spouse hates it.

Every guy should have a project that you speak about at length and discuss with zeal, but have no intentions of ever doing it.

Every guy should construct a BBQ grill out of worthless crap and insist it is the best grill ever as you invite all your friends over for black charred hamburgers.

Every guy should never mention a wines bouquet, you chug it down and say, "So where's the beer"

Every guy should burn their peach colored or pink shirts, the 90's are over. and while were at it, burn that baby blue sweater that goes with it.

Every guy should at least once, burp, fart and laugh hysterically during love making.

----------------------------------------

What say you on... what was the topic? :p

Hi,

Ha ha. Well if there was no topic this thread would not exist :)
Or is the thread topic on pointlessness itself?

Last edited:
Just thought I would try to make a relax and have fun thread. For you science types, lets call it a social experiment.

So this guy walks into a bar, carrying a large canvas valise. Only the bartender is there, who asks the guy what he'll have.

(Stop me if you've heard this before)...

Guy orders a beer. While the bartender draws him a cold one, he reaches into the bag and pulls out a little man about a foot tall. Then he pulls out a tiny baby grand Steinway, and then a small bench.

The little man sits and starts to play Bach concertos.

The bartender returns, sets down the beer and exclaims, "what the h..." and the guy holds up a hand, reaches into the bag and pulls out a little genie. The guy says, "he'll give you one wish. Anything you want".

The bartender quickly says, "No Problem! I want a million bucks!!.".

The bar immediately starts to fill up with ducks. Eiders, teal, mergansers. The bartender, trying to avoid the invading avians shouts, "Hold on!!. I didn't say DUCKS. I said BUCKS...!!".

The guy says, "Well. The genie is a bit hard of hearing.".

You don't really think that I wished for a 12 inch pianist!".

(Drum rim shots...)

ha ha good one.

Add a line and pass it on.

A blind guy walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder leading a cow...

When the bartender says "Seeing eye Parrot, but whats the cow for" ?

Delete the improper post, leave the thread open, no need to ruin it for everyone.

When the bartender says "Seeing eye Parrot, but whats the cow for" ?

I got it... The parrot balks "He has got the mooney" :)

New Doctor Who Aug 25th at 8 PM!

[MODNOTE]Posted edited. Removed comments about moderation.[/MODNOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the member lounge and as long as we do not break the rules it should be fine.

Nope! Last year I ran a thread just like this titled "An off topic thread" and just like Mikebits I pointed out that it has no purpose or direction other than to have no real topic. It got deleted. :eek:

Hey now this is a no topic thread so this counts! :p

USB capable?

tcmtech 2.0

Is your current version fitted with USB?

tcmtech 2.0

Is your current version fitted with USB?

Yep. :p

I am turning over a new leaf here. ;)

(Granted it's the leaf right next to my old from the same branch of the same tree so don't expect too many changes.) :p

Nope! Last year I ran a thread just like this titled "An off topic thread" and just like Mikebits I pointed out that it has no purpose or direction other than to have no real topic. It got deleted. :eek:

Hey now this is a no topic thread so this counts! :p

Hey TCM, I think have always been respectful and courteous to you, why poop on my thread?

The once I managed to persuade my (then) girlfriend that some of kitchen cupboard doors squeaked occasionally. The game was given away, when instead of a squeak I emitted a full blown fart that the phantom raspberry blower of old London town would have been proud of.

A man is not a man if he does not find farting funny :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back