Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Coming of a New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicmanager

Hi Guys

A few days more than a year ago I got involved in the manufacture of some countdown timers based on a PIC 16f628 to control some dryer machines in my son's business premises. This was something I knew less than nothing about and inevitably, it wasn't very long before I got hopelessly overwhelmed by the magnitude of the project and went looking for some expert guidance. Not knowing quite what to expect I looked at a couple of forums and more by luck than judgement, I decided to join ETO.

I was amazed by the generosity of the members in offering support and guidance to the extent that the countdown timers were successfully completed and having recently retired, I became completely and utterly engrossed in the fun, learning and achievement to be had from the discipline of electronics.

Over the past year, I've had my share of great achievements and even greater disasters and there have been moments when I've felt that I've bitten more than I can chew and I should take up gardening again, but in the main I've had a whole year of fantastic fun.

There are a couple of members to whom I owe a great deal and I have to thank them personally, but I couldn't let the year roll over without thanking each and every one of you for help, expertise, kindness and patience in welcoming me to ETO at the outset and continuing to put up with and support my development, albeit a little slow, into an electronics hobbyist. The past 12 months has been fun, fascinating and very exciting and a good deal of that is down to you guys.

I wish you all a very Happy New Year
With the greatest respect .. ... .. .

S

Last edited:
I wish you all a very Happy New Year
With the greatest respect .. ... .. .
Lets hope it continues for as long as it can....Happy new year!!

P.S. How's the tupperware electronics holding out!!

Morning Ian - Happy New Year .. .. .. .

The tupperware electronics is on the shelf at the moment .. .. .. my wife has had a difficult time for a few weeks before Christmas and although she came home for the main Christmas days, she's back in hospital awaiting a sober surgeon .. .. consequently, my time has been a bit limited and spasmodic. I decided to wait until I can give the undivided attention that the programming venture needs.

Not a worry .. .. .. as my epistle implies I'm in this for the long run :)

Thanks for all your help . ..

S

Best wishes for a happy and healthy new year. Hard to figure another year has passed. Man, the older I get the quicker they pass. :)

Ron

Man, the older I get the quicker they pass.

Do you remember as a kid playing in the summer holidays.... It seemed like forever!! 6 weeks now seems 10 minutes ago!!! I have been told that if I stop working and retire it slows down to a snails pace!!!

Never mind tomorrow it will be 2017...

Do you remember as a kid playing in the summer holidays.... It seemed like forever!! 6 weeks now seems 10 minutes ago!!! I have been told that if I stop working and retire it slows down to a snails pace!!!

Never mind tomorrow it will be 2017...

When I retired while I was not sure what to expect I knew I had plenty of things to keep me busy, between the house and my hobbies. Things went as planned but looking back I retired at 63 in May 2013. I can't believe I am coming up on 3 years? I keep busy, travel and also visit old friends a lot. My wife retired a few months after me and Kathy has me by two years in age. Even she has kept amused and busy.

Ron

Not if you take up a new hobby .. .. it flies by !! :)

hi S,
I would agree with that statement.!, it does fly by, I am now in my 84th Solar cycle and its still 'pedal to the metal'.!!!:woot:

Eric

Good Morning Eric .. .. Happy 84th New Year to you .. .. :)

I hope you realise you feature greatly in the reasons for my original post ........................ TY

The timers 'we' built are still going strong, indeed my son is now asking for another set for the other shop he owns .... .. .

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back