Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Circuit Like 7447

Status
Not open for further replies.
phu hung said:

Help me make the circuit 4 inputs and 8 outputs works like IC 7447 :confused:
THANK YOU!!!
The easiest wat to do it is with a ROM. That's a Read Only Memory. You take the first sixteen locations and write the pattern of 1's and 0's that corresponds to the input on the address lines. Tie the other address lines low and tie the chip select low.

Next easiest method is to write the boolean equations for each segment as a sum of products. There will be one product term with four factors for each input combination that lights a segment. Then program a PAL or a small gate arry with those equations.

Another way to do it is to program a PIC to look at the four inputs and output the appropriate value.

Another way to do it is ...well I guess three is enough to keep you off the streets.

Last edited:
In case you end up back on the streets, you can try to find an old TTL datasheet book that has the actual circuitry drawn out and just duplicate it...

phu hung said:

Help me make the circuit 4 inputs and 8 outputs works like IC 7447 :confused:
THANK YOU!!!

go for PIC microcontrollers since they may replace all Digital IC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back