Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The big questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

genman4

Originally posted in ****-chat/chat-****. This is the right place to start such a thread.

Hello,
I intend to provide a Wireless Application Service for Mobile Phone users in my country Nigeria.
It going to take this flow path:
1. The user sends a text msg containing a specific info to my system(third party) through a short code.
2. The user Network Service Provider deducts the corresponding charges from the user account, and then forwards the message to my system.
3. My system, running on a program, reads the data, makes decision(s) and sends a text message either to the originating network or another mobile phone network based on the outcome of the decision. It will also make calculations and store data.

Now, my questions are:
1. What equipments do I need to get to provide such a kind of service?
2. The software the system will run on, how do I procure it.

Please state the best methods and alternatives especially using SMPP technology. Just assume I am a complete novice.

Thank you, thank you.

I dont know if this was covered in the Chat Forum; but as far as I am concerned, you should hire a consultant. I offer a lot of free advice to learners and hobbyists. I am not inclined to develop a business plan or design a system for a business on here...

Someone in ****-chat suggest he post his question on this forum. I agree with mikeml however. This sort of thing is way beyond the scope and purpose of ETO.

Last edited:
No not a Business Plan

Hello thanks for your reply.

I am not asking for a business plan, all I want to know is the best hardware used for SMPP communication and the best programming language that can be used to provide a premium service.

You are still asking for free consulting for a commercial product.

I have a suitcase with 24,500,000 designs for Wireless Application Services; you can have them all if you send me your account number, PIN, passport number and mother's maiden name.

I have a suitcase with 24,500,000 designs for Wireless Application Services; you can have them all if you send me your account number, PIN, passport number and mother's maiden name.

No it should read.
I have a suitcase with 24,500,000 TWENTY FOUR MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND designs... Oh yes and you're a king or price or whatever. :)

Ahhh, that explains why I never get any replies ;-) OP: sorry, just yanking your chain; I know not all Nigerians are 419 scammers. There must be at least one that hasn't figured out how to do it yet. 419eater.com for anyone who wants a larf, albeit after a lengthy read...

Well blue and x... what ever you can, do to amuse your tired selves.
From the questions asked, how can you be duped?
Answers to the above questions have been found, so I don't think I will be needing your replies again.
Will post the answer soon, for those who may be seeking information on that field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back