Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The ''Ask your circuit questions here'' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amando96

I saw lots of diferent threads about asking opinions on one circuit or w.e thing so i decided to make one single thread where u can ssk it all, some people ask and some people answer...

starting with this one:

**broken link removed**

the video: fast forward it until 8 seconds are remaining to the end of it.

Notice How the LED blinks? How do i change it? when it goes off, i want it to go on, and vice versa... ? it does this: 2sec-on 1sec-off How do i make it 1sec-on 2sec- off not exactly secs but u get the picture(less time one and more off)

How to? :-s

I'm using a variable resistor, 3 1k resistors in parallel 120microF capacitor(might try variable capacitor today) and a 555 that I found in a RC car... i tryed it in the stroboscope(Kit, from maplins) and it works fine...

I have not got schematics because The program i use(micro-cap) i only have it for 2 days... and plus what does ''cont'' mean, thats one of the pins on the micro-cap 555 i'm just used to the numbers...

So thnx for the heads up, or should i say ''thanks'' ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw lots of diferent threads about asking one circuit or w.e thing so i decided to make one single thread where u can sk it all, some ppl ask and some ppl answer...

starting with this one:

**broken link removed**

Notice How the LED blinks? How do i change it? when it goes off, i want it to go on, and vice versa... ? it does this: 2sec-on 1sec-off How do i make it 1sec-on 2sec- off not exactly secs but u get the picture(less time one and more off)

Ok this is the second LED question from you I see here (why not asking in one thread):p

I would advise you to buy som LEDs some resistors some capacitors and IC 555

there are loads of shematics around that will blink your LEDs and the 555 and I think it would be very educating for you while you still have your blinking LEDs

pick up some electronics magazines (low level ones to start with) or web sites and start to learn some basics

You do need a good understanding of the basics to proceed quicker to more advanced schematics and projects

sucsess

Robert-Jan

i saw lots of diferent threads about asking one circuit or w.e thing so i decided to make one single thread where u can sk it all, some ppl ask and some ppl answer...

starting with this one:

**broken link removed**

Hi there!

First off, as a couple of other folks have noted, you will get more respect if you type as though you were taking some pride in what you wrote. I don't mean your English has to be perfect (your English is much better than my Portuguese ;) ) but don't use cell-phone txt-speak such as 'ppl'.

Second, it's not a good idea to try to make a single thread for many different topics. A forum or newsgroup structure is designed for "one topic, one thread". Each topic (question) should have its own thread, and each thread should pertain to only one topic. It makes it far easier to see what's going on, to search for past threads later, and is just the way people expect it to work. So forming one thread in the hopes that people will post many questions to it is not a good idea.

Third, it is impossible to answer your question on the LEDs without information about how the circuit is currently set up. All we see is some LEDs blinking. For all we know, they're blinking because you have a sound sensor and the barking dogs are triggering the circuit. Post the schematic and some information about what you've tried and then maybe someone can help you out.

Anyway, I don't mean to shout you down or anything but there are just a lot of things wrong with this. Post information about your schematic if you want answers and write your posts as if you are making the same kind of effort which you would like us to spend in helping you, and you will have more luck getting answers.

Good luck,

Torben

Nicely put Torben. Your a wordsmith :)

Hi there!

First off, as a couple of other folks have noted, you will get more respect if you type as though you were taking some pride in what you wrote. I don't mean your English has to be perfect (your English is much better than my Portuguese ;) ) but don't use cell-phone txt-speak such as 'ppl'.

Second, it's not a good idea to try to make a single thread for many different topics. A forum or newsgroup structure is designed for "one topic, one thread". Each topic (question) should have its own thread, and each thread should pertain to only one topic. It makes it far easier to see what's going on, to search for past threads later, and is just the way people expect it to work. So forming one thread in the hopes that people will post many questions to it is not a good idea.

Third, it is impossible to answer your question on the LEDs without information about how the circuit is currently set up. All we see is some LEDs blinking. For all we know, they're blinking because you have a sound sensor and the barking dogs are triggering the circuit. Post the schematic and some information about what you've tried and then maybe someone can help you out.

Anyway, I don't mean to shout you down or anything but there are just a lot of things wrong with this. Post information about your schematic if you want answers and write your posts as if you are making the same kind of effort which you would like us to spend in helping you, and you will have more luck getting answers.

Good luck,

Torben

ok will do,
Now wich of these diagrams is correct? they both work somehow... but wich is properly done? 1 or 2? i dont seem to understand transistors very much...

Link to the diagrams:
**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither of those circuits will work properly.

pick up some electronics magazines (low level ones to start with) or web sites and start to learn some basics

You do need a good understanding of the basics to proceed quicker to more advanced schematics and projects

sucsess

Robert-Jan

Please take this advise and ask questions about these basics before you venture futher into it

It's just more rewarding if you do it this way

Robert-Jan

I am not as good at this as kchriste, but I can't see how either of them could work properly either. You need current-limiting resistors, for one thing.

A good reference for this is in the book The Art of Electronics, Horowitz & Hill, in chapter two. There is an example and full explanation of how to design a good transistor switch at The Art of Electronics - Google Book Search ; I would recommend reading that and the sections before and after it to gain some understanding about how transistors work and rules you need to know to understand them.

In short, for a simple transistor switch, you want to drive it into saturation by providing a current into the base of about 1/10 (as a rule of thumb) of the collector-emitter current, and you set these currents by using current-limiting resistors to control the currents depending on the voltages and loads present.

Good luck,

Torben

Morning Torben.:)

Keep Well.

Last edited:
I am not as good at this as kchriste, but I can't see how either of them could work properly either. You need current-limiting resistors, for one thing.

A good reference for this is in the book The Art of Electronics, Horowitz & Hill, in chapter two. There is an example and full explanation of how to design a good transistor switch at The Art of Electronics - Google Book Search ; I would recommend reading that and the sections before and after it to gain some understanding about how transistors work and rules you need to know to understand them.

In short, for a simple transistor switch, you want to drive it into saturation by providing a current into the base of about 1/10 (as a rule of thumb) of the collector-emitter current, and you set these currents by using current-limiting resistors to control the currents depending on the voltages and loads present.

Good luck,

Torben

IF u dont mind... could u please give me a correct version of that schematic? please...

IF u dont mind... could u please give me a correct version of that schematic? please...

Did you check out the link I sent? There is an example in there. All you need to do is recalculate for 12V (if you want it to match the supply voltage in your posted schematics) instead of the 10V used in the book. Note that you'll need to determine the current draw of the lamp or LED you are using; without that information I can't tell you what base resistor to use on the transistor.

What exactly are you trying to do? Just make a simple transistor switch for educational purposes, or something more?

Torben

Did you check out the link I sent? There is an example in there. All you need to do is recalculate for 12V (if you want it to match the supply voltage in your posted schematics) instead of the 10V used in the book. Note that you'll need to determine the current draw of the lamp or LED you are using; without that information I can't tell you what base resistor to use on the transistor.

What exactly are you trying to do? Just make a simple transistor switch for educational purposes, or something more?

Torben

I supose you could call it that...
By the way, i'm using 3 volts (the 12 volt battery died...)(so i'll be using LED('s))

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back