Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

That's my country!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems pretty silly to me to take fertility drugs and then complain you don't have enough money to raise the children! :rolleyes:

Seems pretty silly to me to take fertility drugs and then complain you don't have enough money to raise the children! :rolleyes:

did you ever come to egypt?

This paysant, as 100% of them, can barely know how to read and write, and live his life as close to the nature as it can get.

Fertility rates in egypt are quite high without any need for drugs, see the statistics: **broken link removed**

Maybe the government or religion of Egypt is a mixed-signal device.
A long time ago Egypt was a leading country. Now it has poverty at only 4 dollars an hour?

did you ever come to egypt?
No, my sister did once, but not me.
This paysant, as 100% of them, can barely know how to read and write, and live his life as close to the nature as it can get.
Yes, but they must have known that taking the drug was going to give them children; why else would they (she) have taken it? Maybe not how many, but still. Too many people in the world as far as I'm concerned.

From New York Times

CAIRO, Egypt: An Egyptian woman gave birth to septuplets early Saturday in the coastal city of Alexandria after taking fertility drugs in effort to produce a son, a hospital director said.

Maybe the government or religion of Egypt is a mixed-signal device.
I don't get the funny part (nor the meaning) of that sentence, why would be the gov. or the religion mixed? (yes there are christans and muslims in egypt, but what about the government?? i don't see what you mean at all)

A long time ago Egypt was a leading country. Now it has poverty at only 4 dollars an hour?
4 dollars an hour.. that is not even what my brother - who is doctor there - takes!

Egypt is on the clif of big big economical, political and social problems. i think we will make the #1 in the news pretty soon! I left the country from a year, because i had a lot of ambitions, and believed to have a lot of potential that nobody would care about in egypt.

The thing that baffles me is that this family already had three children. Having a very low income, what were they thinking? Oh yeah, they wanted a boy.

The genes get passed on regardless of gender so what is the big deal? Is it to preserve the name? Here in the US many females tackle this issue by keeping their maiden name hyphenated with their spouses name, thus preserving the childs lineage.

I have read so many times where certain cultures will abort the female offspring opting to hold out for a male. I just don't get it. With that logic, we would end up with too many males and very few females. Silly I think.

I suppose the thinking may be that a male can be a strong source of labor as opposed to a female, and in this case I would need to ponder a counterpoint. Yet, I think one should just accept what the powers above you have given.

Last edited:
The thing that baffles me is that this family already had three children. Having a very low income, what were they thinking? Oh yeah, they wanted a boy.

The genes get passed on regardless of gender so what is the big deal? Is it to preserve the name? Here in the US many females tackle this issue by keeping their maiden name hyphenated with their spouses name, thus preserving the childs lineage.

I have read so many times where certain cultures will abort the female offspring opting to hold out for a male. I just don't get it. With that logic, we would end up with too many males and very few females. Silly I think.

I suppose the thinking may be that a male can be a strong source of labor as opposed to a female, and in this case I would need to ponder a counterpoint. Yet, I think one should just accept what the powers above you have given.

I totally agree with you. and congratulations for knowing so much on Egyptian mentalilty (unfortunately).

See, as i said in my last post, Egypt has many problems, and the one you just invoked above, is just the tip of the Iceberg. There are many many socio-cultural problems in that community due to poverty that causes lack of education, that causes phenomenons like what you said...

You know it breaks my heart to admit all that, but i am confident that we have to admit it (Egyptians) before we can make any change. By the way, there are many many well educated egyptians, in egypt and aboard, but the thing in egypt is that we have smth like 55% illeterate, and like 70% starving in poverty, and people that should be responsible for that does not seem to care nor let anybody care or help or try to make a change...

By the way, there are many many well educated egyptians, in egypt and aboard

I know this, as my last chemistry professor was a PhD. Chemist from Egypt and she was brilliant, and she was a girl. Tough accent to follow though but I liked her :)

Ika, I was hoping you could answer something for me. Just to satisfy my curiosity. Why do folks from Egypt add an ee to words ending in ls, such as girls becomes girlees. Is it because there are no words in Egyption dialect that end in ls? I am not being a smart alec, I really am curious :)

Ika, I was hoping you could answer something for me. Just to satisfy my curiosity. Why do folks from Egypt add an ee to words ending in ls, such as girls becomes girlees. Is it because there are no words in Egyption dialect that end in ls? I am not being a smart alec, I really am curious :)

I am living in Egypt since 2005 until now and it is the first time to hear or see that Phenomenon about adding ee to words ending in ls. I saw a lot of mistakes in writing but this one really i haven't see it , may be some guys write it for humor like we write ( LOL as looooooooooooooooool ) you see .

I asked because my chem teacher (From Egypt) use to call the girls in our class, girlees. We once did an experiment with pearls, and she called them pearlees. Just curious, that's all.

Yes Mike, i see what you mean

and Kemo, he is talking about "speaking" not about "spelling" mistakes!

So, back to mike: i know that and it's due to effect of the arabic language, where consonants are always separated when spoken. Example, egyptians will have some trouble pronouncing the last two letters of "Text" so it will become "Texeest" exactly as girls will become "girlees"

other example: chemisteery instead of chemistry :D

hope this answers your question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back