Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Textile inkjet Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragece777

Hi friends,

Iam an embedded systems engineer with two years of experience. Iam a small scale enterpreuner also.

My team wants to design and develop a wide format textile inkjet printer .

As of now, we know nothing about these textile printers. We want to gather some information regarding how these printers work, the basic block diagrams, electronics and control units that make these machines work...etc.
I know that there will be some stepper motors, but I dont know where and how it will be connected.

plz give me your suggestions and advices and also the sites which can help me in developing this machine.

Thanx a lot in advance.:)

regards,
ragece777

Inkjet printers are so generic they work an anything you put in front of them, at varying resolutions of course. The big problem isn't an Inkjet printer that works on a large scale it's the ink you use itself. Inkjet printers require a water based ink that is very thin (non-viscous), it's how they work. Short electrical impulses that cause the ink to vaporize and shoot out of a nozzle. Obviously if you think about it, that kind of ink doesn't have much staying power on a cloth. Solvent based inks work better, but tend to blow up when heat is applied :eek: It's a common problem with inkjet based devices, what you really need is to use an ink that is simply incompatible with the application method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back