Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Texas Instruments "325" in a TO-18 can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

systemloc

I picked up a grab bag full of these, NOS. Three leads from the bottom in a large can. The top has a TI brand logo on it with "325". The side has "4561439" silkscreened. then added on with ink to that is ".2", so it's "4561439.2" all together.

I can't seem to ID this. Using an ohmmeter, it doesn't seem to correspond to a transistor at all. Pin 1 and 2 conduct in both directions, and neither conduct to pin 3 in either direction. Pin 3 conducts with the casing in both directions.

Sounds almost like a depletion mode MOSFET, but the gate shouldn't be connected to the casing... ?

Thank you for any info!!

Last edited:
I tried putting some voltage across Pins 1 and 2. The drop was only 0.15 V?? That's too low to be a Silicon junction. Also, putting negative or positive voltage on pin 3 did not affect the conductance.

Ahh, more info.. My mistake.. The can appears to be a TO-5 or TO-39. According to this site, the TO-18 is the smaller can.

The device in question has a diameter at the top of slightly less than 8mm.

On the Transistor Museum Site, there's an article about a TI 2N33x. Apparently, the 2N335 launched in 1958 and was used on the first U.S. space satellite. The date code on that site suggests my part was made in 1954, week 39 (date code 439). Wow that's old..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back