Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing two 8251 USART with a signle 8085 ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderz

I am trying to test two USART Transmitter and Receiver Ics with a single 8085 Microprocessor. Later on i will be using the transmitter and receiver on two different boards each of them controlled by a separate 8085.

I have already written a program and tested the transmitter but when i add the receiver part the program stops responding :shock:

The question is :

1- is it possible to use two 8251 Ics one as transmitter and the second one as receiver with the same 8085 Microprocessor?

2- How can i check that they are both working and my connections are proper? any simple programs?

3- are there any web resources on 8251 Ics where i can get more information about their application and programming?

I would highly appreciate your comment on the above

Regards
wonderz

But, i will be interesting to have it experience in intel..., b'coz these are in my course..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back