Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing of SPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

swaps

I have a Flash connected via SPI interface. I need to test if the SPI interface is working(independently without using Flash). How do I do it? Is there an option for testing SPI interface in isolation of the device it is connected to?

You can test an SPI master with nothing connected except a scope or a logic analyzer. You can see if the wavveforms are what you expect. I think it is probably difficult to check an SPI slave device without connecting it two a master.

hi,
Which PIC are you using.?

Do you have access to the Oshonsoft Simulator program.?

I have written a SPI virtual EEPROM 25C040 module for the OS sim, you are welcome to have a copy of the SPI25C040.exe [you need the VB5 runtime files in your Windows/System folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back