Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing capacitor after installation??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemike

My computer work fine, but i found that a capacitor near the display card on the motherboard is leaking, so i decided to replace it with a new one. i wanna to know if there is a way to check the capacitor working or not after installation on the motherboard since my soldering skills in not so good..( after installation, my computer is still work fine) and I only got a multimeter..:confused:

Thanks a lot...

un sold one terminal and measure it
how did u now that cap was leaking, how did u check it ?

Nigel Goodwin said:
Presumably he means actually leaking electrolyte out of it?, a common fault with duff Taiwanese capacitors.
yep,i saw the top of the capacitor was already leaking..

well if you decide to replace it make sure you get the polarity right..if you dont you and your computer are in some deep s**t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back