Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing an L6203

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth123

Good Day

I have built a Model Railway DCC control system from a web design. The power supply (Booster) uses an L6203 IC for the power control. However I am having problems with the design in that I cannot get any output. The system is in two parts, the Command Station which issues the controlling info and the booster. The control signal from the Command Station is sent to the booster which superimposes the signal on top of the power supply to the tracks. Unlike the old DC systems the track power supply remains constant and a decoder unit in the loco controls the speed and direction of the loco.

The problem I have is that the Command Station seems to be working in that the display on the 16 x 2 lcd shows the correct info when the pushbuttons etc are operated. The output signal to the booster is at a high frequency (not known) but I am unable to measure the signal as I don't have access to a scope etc only a Fluke multimeter. I am unable to determine if the command station or the Booster is at fault.
I am looking for a simple way to test the L6203 because this is the only item that I have been unable to test to date.
The web site is The Pows. The units built are the DCC_Gen v.2d and the BoosteR-CDE.
Any help would be greatfully accepted.

Gareth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back