Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Test circuit for INA114 instru. amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

runtf50

Hi,

I have several INA114 instrumentation amps that I want to test (that is, they are "used" components and I want to check whether they are OK to use in another circuit). What is the most simple test setup I can use to check them out? I have a VOM, a USB scope, signal generator, a lot of various resistors, 12V batteries, etc.

Best Regards,

David

I wasn't planning on testing against specs, or anything like that - Just basic "Functions" vs "Does Not Function" testing. It's been 30 years since I've done this sort of thing (I'm trying to help out a friend who has absolutely no hardware experience). I guess I'll just stick in a gain resistor, connect supply voltages and an an input DC signal and see if I get output that doesn't stick at a supply voltage.

- David

I wasn't planning on testing against specs, or anything like that - Just basic "Functions" vs "Does Not Function" testing. It's been 30 years since I've done this sort of thing (I'm trying to help out a friend who has absolutely no hardware experience). I guess I'll just stick in a gain resistor, connect supply voltages and an an input DC signal and see if I get output that doesn't stick at a supply voltage.

- David
Just keep in mind that your input needs a DC path to circuit ground, i.e., you can't use a floating voltage source.

Thanks, Roff - I think you just solved what seemed to be a problem.

Best Regards,

David
To clarify - you don't need to have either input connected directly to ground. You just need a path. It can be many megohms, since the input bias current is 2nA max.
Both inputs must also be within the input common mode range, which worst case is 4V above the lower supply rail, and 4V below the upper rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back