Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

test board has a Vdd error in Pickit2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

built a testing board (basically its a 18F452 on a perf board with an LCD display connected and an ICD header for connection to the Junebug.
Have several ribbon cables connected to leftover pins. These to be pluged into breadboard then LEDs, speakers etc to be attached via the breadboard.
Have a 7805 connected as well with on/off switch.
With no battery connected to board, and Junebug pluged in via the ICD plug I get Vdd at zero. Double checked connections using an ohm meter. Using the Pickit2 it shows error. Am I supposed to connect a battery? ALL the dip switches on the Junebug are off.
Contemplated an LED on the Vdd pins? Tryuing to power using the USB for power. Thinking maybe I am supposed to have some of the dip switches ON?
been awhile since I used the Junebug. Forgot some basics.
any suggestions?
meanwhile will do some more deciphering..

After pressing SW5 on the Junebug I get voltage out to the target PIC but without the PIC (18F452 ) pluged in.
I pluged in the PIC, pressed SW5 and now I get only 1.8V on the Vdd/Grd pins. Oh yea I have an LCD wired in as well.
The LCD does not come on but it did flash when I ??? in the pickit2.
Thinking the USB can't power the PIC. I need to connect battery to the board under test along with the Junebug??
All the dip switches are OFF.
must be something simple hopefully??

Thats exactly what it was. Did a search on this forum and found solution.
Now another problem as raised its ugly head. I have had some computer glitches thus had to move a bunch of files etc. Well the short cuts don't work for MPlab, PICKIT2 or Swordfish.
I pined Swordfish and MPlab to start menu but Pickit2 file has something wrong. Tried downloading and reinstalling but keep getting a download of a binary file and can't locate where the file went. Also need a winzip to unzip. Same thing-binary file??
when it rains it pours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back