Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Test a TRIAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody here know how to test a TRIAC? I have three BTA24-600BW TRIACS and I would like to know if any of them are good. Doe anybody have a valid test method or circuit to test these? Much appreciated.
My electronics background is limited but can follow instructions fairly well when it comes to this stuff.

Use a mains transformer, (safe <40v output) just connect it across the secondary in series with a resistor which will limit the current to about 250mA max....see if it turns on and off and turns off as the mains goes to zero....then turns on again. Connect resistor say 1k (check the needed gate current) to the gate and connect this to the output rail....put a cap on it to delay the triac turn on, like a dimmer does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back