Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Teslaphoresis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked to hear that very light polarized materials would arrange themselves to neutralize electrical charge and minimize their energy state in the presence of high electrical "force" fields.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

Finally remembered the other fact about this principle of strings of particles in the presence of electric fields.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coherer
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
The wireless lighting of a florescent tube has been done many times in High Powered RF fields. You could stand between two Loran transmitters and the light would energize and pulse at the basic repetition rate.

The wireless lighting of a florescent tube has been done many times in High Powered RF fields. You could stand between two Loran transmitters and the light would energize and pulse at the basic repetition rate.
Hola Matt,

I tend to ignore most in this field thus my question: isn't the original part of this, the application of a well known effect to carbon nanotubes? And, eventually, the use of very specific coil to extend the range?

Let me tell you that I missed parts of what some of them say.

Yes atferrari, that is what I found interesting.

I am aware that they didn't discover this concept, but that they have applied it to something that can actually be useful in the real world. Not just for shows (like holding up a fluorescent bulb near a Tesla Coil).

Hola Matt,

I tend to ignore most in this field thus my question: isn't the original part of this, the application of a well known effect to carbon nanotubes? And, eventually, the use of very specific coil to extend the range?

Let me tell you that I missed parts of what some of them say.

The specific use of the Tesla coil (with an external plasma RF generator as the energy source) as the high voltage generator with shaped electrodes to modify the near-field electrical properties provides no novel properties to the experiment. Maybe there will be some applications that could use near-field EM energy for nano-scale devices but outside a lab almost nobody uses Tesla coils as a near-field generator instead of modern electronics.

If you read the complete article some their comments are scientifically imprecise and I'm surprised that parts of the paper passed peer-review.
Example:
The inductively-coupled primary and secondary coils serve to amplify the RF signal from the generator and the resulting high voltage output from the coils directly feeds into a hollow disk-shaped antenna.

Last edited:
Peer review means the methodology is sound, not an agreement with the conclusions.

This assumes the reviewers actually read the article.

Peer review means the methodology is sound, not an agreement with the conclusions.

This assumes the reviewers actually read the article.

This is true but correctly explaining the high voltage RF transformer function is pretty basic.

nsaspook

I agree. I lost faith in peer review when I read it didn't check the conclusions.

Peer review dropped to the same class as instructables in my opine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back