Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Terror Tactic's Right next door to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xl5

:( Recent events concerning the Aeroplane's involved were top priority for the security services. The photograph's shown on TV of part of a paxolin cct board with shielded rectangular metal boxes remind's me of a tuned cct with IF/RF shielding... Stray frequencies being blocked.?.. At the far right of the cct board is a pcb type miniature push to make Sw.

Is that a small button cell situated in the middle of the board? the right hand side of the pcb is obliterated probably for security reason's... but feel this if shown in it's entirety would reveal some sort of trigger design.

Although so far... the powers that be will reveal little to the public at large.

My own thought's are that it was a device that could be activated by R/CTL i doubt very much that the Terrorist's were negligent but deliberately left the device or device's dormant.:

NB: Whilst this was taking place and after it was not possible to get Online.

Last edited by a moderator:
May be wrong, but it looks like the main board of an old mobile phone to me. Could the 'switch' possibly be a camera?

That looks very much like a mobile phone PCB. Top left looks like the vibrator motor and the top right a camera.

Mike.

BINGO! Nokia 5320:

**broken link removed**

EDIT: 6120 is a better match.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
It appears, despite initial suspicions that the devices may have been part of a dummy-run, that they were actually capable of being triggered:

BBC News - UK cargo plane device was bomb - British Government

Good job they weren't and nobody else managed to dial the 'correct' wrong number!!!

You have to wonder whether the aircraft systems were somehow affected, creating some suspicion about the freight being carried...we are always told that mobile phones should be turned off for the duration of a flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back