Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Terminal program

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGCB

I need a terminal program just for some experimenting with com systems. I wouuld like one that is free but not just a trial period. I used Hyper Terminal Private Edition a few years ago, but it was only free for 30 days.

Searching the internet, this one https://hw-server.com/software/termv19b.html looks simple and all. What do you think? or is there something different you would steer me to?

Thanks Aaron

I use that program you linked to. It is very useful (and free).
If you are after something less complicated try Teraterm pro. That too is free. It is limited to only 4 com ports, however you can edit the .ini file to expand that.

I use advanced serial port terminal, but sadly it is not free. The license costs $40, but there are ways to get around that..

Thanks Guys. I think i'll go with the first one, that I linked to. Just needed someone to tell me there's nothing wrong with it.

Aaron

That's the one I got from post #1. But it would be nice to have at least a few instructions for set up for those COMPUTER UNGEEKS like me. I did get it to do what I wanted by accident, however there's way more to it than I'll ever figure out on my own. Thanks.. Aaron

I use realterm, putty, teraterm... they all work fine. hyperterminal can work but i dislike it. for example can't save my defaults and the current ones stink, it can't do hex, scrolling back is a mess, it can't be told what a line terminator is CR, LF or both, saved connection and transcript log are not separate etc.

Thanks Mark Higgins
I posted that on here a long time ago. But who knows thanks for re posting it I lost my copy and have downloaded two that wasn't even the same name after I installed them and one had so much spy ware it took me a day to clean my drive of it. every time I opened chrome it changed the start page.

I'm like you a better name would of been great

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back