Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temperature sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adolf

I want to know an ic which can measure temperature between the range -50°C to 300°C and which can deliver digital output not analog .

I want to know an ic which can measure temperature between the range -50°C to 300°C and which can deliver digital output not analog .

hi,
This DS1631 IC is the closest I could find, -55C thru +125C.

Getting an IC to operate at 300C is not going to be easy.

E

Attachments

• DS1631-DS1731.pdf
    261 KB · Views: 294
Tell more about the application. Maybe there is a way to measure the temperature "remotely".. without physical contact. How accurate should the measurement be?

Is the IC itself subject to 300C, or just its probe?

Above ~125C is where you need to use a thermocouple

i need a high accuracy max of ±2°C tolerance . Its a container basically ill be using coils to heat it up i need to get the readings of the temperature inside the container.

Sounds like only the probe needs to be at 300C then; so use a thermocouple as suggested above, plus the IC in the post #5 link, plus a micro and display.

I'm not sure why you need it to go down to -50, but a "pyrometer" could be a fast and easy solution: https://www.baileypottery.com/kilns/pyrometers.htm.. at least that is the kind of sensor you need to measure high temperatures. 2°C accuracy is not that simple though.. it is not hard to achieve, but it is not very simple either. You can easily get more than 2°C difference depending on the measurement point.. although I have no idea what you are measuring.

Last edited:
the device u showed is good but i need to interface it with audino board since i need to control relays and valves using the digital reading from the digital temperature sensor

the device u showed is good but i need to interface it with audino board since i need to control relays and valves using the digital reading from the digital temperature sensor

Just buy the sensor (thermocouple) and build a circuit that you can connect to the analog input of Arduino. Google for "thermocouple circuit".

Thanks

Thanks alots ill surely put up information when i complete the circuit so it can help others to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back