Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

temperature sensor using PIC Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

rems

Hi,
i have designed a temperature sensor using NTC thermistor,i need to program the microcontroller PIC16f1937 using PIC ICD could someone help.
Thanks
rems

Last edited:
I doubt very much someone has written anything for that controller ( it's pretty new, I'm just starting with one )... You might have to grab some code that's similar and change it to suit.

Last edited:
Hi,
i have designed a temperature sensor using NTC thermistor,i need to program the microcontroller PIC16f1937 using PIC ICD could someone help.
Thanks
rems
no one will be able to do this as you say you have designed the circuit. so where is the circuit? before anyone can program it they need to know what pins youve used etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Thanks for the reply.i would liek to ask a doubt,as iam very new to this field,i have an 4 opamps in my circuit,how should i Check that output voltage from the op-amps is sensible and changes with temperature changes to thermistors,Can i use multimeter to check this.View attachment 64764

i cant open your file you would be better taking a screen shot of the diagram.a multi meter should work. what tempreture ranges are you using? i made a temp sensor with a thermistor and resistor and it worked fine not sure why you used a opamp?

View attachment 64765 here is the circuit diagram,used NTC thermistor Voltage Divider for supplying voltage to 4 channel Input device. The 4 channel input is supplied to the Analog I/O pins of the PIC microcontroller. . A USB interface and RS232 interface is used in this design for interfacing to a PC. An ICD is used this design for easy testing, debugging and reprogramming of the application
the temperatures range is from 0 to 80 degree centigrade.so i can check the opamps using multimeter right.

Last edited:
well spotted ian :D dads laptop is set so bright you cant see low contrast stuff on the screen :D

i normaly use mums but yes the serial port was fried :eek: so mum wont let me use it

ive been playing with theese and they seem realy good! plus resolution down to 0.5C and they seem quicker to respond than LM or ds18b20's! also they are very very sensitive they pick the heat of your hand up from 10cm easilly. i just need to calibrate them for what i want and bingo nice cheap sensor's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back