Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temperature Sensor Design using DS18B20. Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie7r

i have to design a temperature sensor using DS18B20 and PIC 18F452.
DS18B20 is a temperature sensor that outputs in digital bits. how do i recognize the bits through the PIC and output it to the PC using RS232 serial port. I am new at this and not sure how the programming works...really need help!! i have a rough ciruit layout already but am stuck there.

Appreciate it. Thanks.

I have used DS18B20 recently, and is easy to interface and has nice accuracy.
It is using Dallas 1wire bus, where bits are recognized by the High/Low ratio.
It's a slow, half-duplex serial open collector bus, so only 1 pin of 452 will be used (particulary RA4 -open collector pin).
As for programing, everything is included in DS1820 datasheet, it shouldn't be a problem for writting a small program...

Jellie7r said:
i have to design a temperature sensor using DS18B20 and PIC 18F452.
DS18B20 is a temperature sensor that outputs in digital bits. how do i recognize the bits through the PIC and output it to the PC using RS232 serial port. I am new at this and not sure how the programming works...really need help!! i have a rough ciruit layout already but am stuck there.

Appreciate it. Thanks.

Didn't you start this thread in another discussion?
Post your schematic in order to get the best feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back