Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

temperature reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyton

Hey, I need help about the connection diagram of temperature reader. I am using a thermistor as a sensor and adc0804lcn ic as analog to digital converter.I am also using pic16f84a PIC and 5 x 7 dot matrix to display the temperature.

use the microchip application note for resistance measurement. Put a table in the 'f84 with the values from the RT curve table for the thermister you are using, and just do a table look-up. melting ice and boiling water is all you need to calibrate it...
Of course, I suppose it depends on just how accurate you need it to be, but given that you are using a bare thermistor to begin with...you should get away with it as is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back