Temperature probe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobdragon12

I'm hoping to get some help with a Hottub issue , My hottub had a temperature issue and I replaced the probe , it now reads 10deg lower than it should 25.5deg C on the display 35.5C in the water . I can obviously add resistance but this pushes the temperature the wrong way . Any suggestions as to something I could put in line to correct this ?
Also the sender is not raising correctly it takes more heat than it reads to make the probe work

Any help appreciated Jon

It's a 3 wire resistance probe , I replaced it with the same model that came out although the website part number was different and in the foot note it said all I had to do was move 1 wire to a different pin on the plug as per my original probe . That's all it has on the link as it's an OEM part https://www.hottubpartsuperstore.co.uk/gecko-temperature-sensor-probe-9920-400125.html

The original issue with tub was that the temperature danced all,over the place with all sorts of false readings from 15c to 45c . This has now stabilised but it's just out constantly

I see where they mention:

At this point I would give them a call.
I doubt you are alone with this problem. Using a 3 wire RTD sensor the sensor could be faulty or any number of other things including a calibration of the sensor to the display. I just figure rather than venture guesses the guys who sold you the sensor may have a better solution. Especially since the unit was erratic prior to the sensor change and now the new sensor provides incorrect readings.

Ron

Weirdly they are not answering the phone and I had an email bounce back so I suspect they have gone bust , I will obviously keep trying . I have ordered another PT1000 probe off eBay to see what that reads at

Judging by the graph shown here, a ~100Ω resistor in series with a Pt1000 probe should raise the temp reading ~10C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…