Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temp controller. opamp triac

Status
Not open for further replies.

diy didi

Hi all!
I built this circuit a while ago.. It works like a charm, but.... Sometimes the heating element doesn't switch on. I do get about 5 volts on pin 6 of the opamp. Checked for dry joints. Still the same thing. Its almost as if sometimes the triac fires on, and sometimes it doesn't.. Could it be the diode and 100ohm res? Or perhaps a too low supply voltage. Triac is a BT136. Feedback??

Last edited:
If it works intermittently I doubt it's the supply voltage, but you could try adding a reservoir cap across the zener to help hold the 5V supply up. I've had 1N4007s fail for no apparent reason. You could swap those out if you have any spares. If the 741 is socketed make sure it is fully seated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back