Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Telstras USB Prepaid wireless modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tytower

Banned
First off please dont post to say it might be a virus.

Anyone using this ZDE Technology Next G or 3G USB plug in
I did a new windows installation because my modem was sending out 33Kbps of data while I was online . The new installation stopped this ..for a while .
I logged on to this site and suddenly it was back to uploading data at this rate and is doing so right now .

I wouldn't mind so much except Telstra charges through the roof for this modem phone service and I am wondering what is going up and to whome .

Any body had a similar experience?

Could it be a Windows update running in the background ?

I know if my machine is set to auto update, it downloads the updates in the background.

Ive watched this transmitting at up to 50Kbps and for instance a 4min13 sec session Received 3.99Kb and sent out 1022.65Kb

So its not an update , thats switched off always and its the uploading of data I am concerned about.

I went to the whirlpool site and got refered to a Telstra site by one poster about free download time from Telstra for games which immediately locked the page . Could not shut down the browser and one bloody page downloaded 5 Meg of data in about 3 minutes . The browses was locked by the site as sometimes happens on vindictive sites !!

While I have typed this 3 Meg of data has gone out and 1.35 downloaded ...crazy stuff and expensive !

Any other sugestions ..how do I check whats being sent out ? or how do I get into the guts of this device ? Ive got to get it stopped or dump the thing and it cost me $150 and about $60 recharge so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back