Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Television safety (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherial

banggood electronics
I have a TV that decides to turn off after about 5 to 20 minutes. I found several components with the soldier lifted from the track. After soldiering them it stayed on for longer, I then found to of the rectifier diodes were blown and another that I cannot identify to replace, it has the numbers (30 40 and three dots). it is a 51 cm sharp television about eight years old. I know about releasing the charge from the capacitor that is the one that will throw you across the room. I would like to be able to look for problems with the television powered up. I will only proceed (only) if I am confident I can do so (safely) so could someone please help me with the (do and don'ts), safety procedures.

Thanks in advance.

It sounds as though you have little experience of working with high voltages, so in the interests of safety I would urge you to follow the advice above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back