Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Telephone troubles Verizon is clueless:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Haller

I have two phone lines with busy roll. That is if line 1 is busy the call automatically rings in on line two. This works great with my 2 line answering machine.

Unfortunately at some point I developed troubles:( about the time I added DSL, but not necessarily caused by DSL. I dropped it for awhile and I still had the problem,

I use a two line smart switch, it directs a call from line one or two to a single line. When I plug this in everything works fine untill a call rolls from line 1 to 2, at that point line two might ring a half ring and lock up completely. Futher calls to line 2 get dead nothing no ring on calling end although I might hear a parttial ring. Once I unplug the 2 line switch things go back to normal. Sometimes it might work fine but not the next time its intermittent.

The phone company came out and blamed my inside wiring. So one weekend I plugged both phone lines into the interface and disconnected all my inside wiring.

The problem still occurs.

Lately I tried adding a fax to line 2 with the same results.

I am totally confused but really want to find the problem.

originally I had line one and two go to the smart switch then as a single line to a fax then finally my single line answeriung machine. This worked well for years.

I have replaced the smart switch, the fax, the answering machine, and bypassed all the inside wiring.

I fix office machines for a living and dont like mysteries. The phone company reps dont appear to know whats occuring.

I have a theory its a central office roll effect caused problem but am open to any ideas or troubleshooting anyone can offer. Heck just what voltages should normally be on the line? what do those telephone isolation transformers do?

I am all ears this has me stumped. Thanks in advance, bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back