Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Telephone schematics..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytech

Hi i am doing DTMF project, i hav few old working Telephone sets.. i know it has both dtmf encoder & decoder.. without telephone lines i need to generate dtmf tones by giving external supplies , how its possible
Thanks

mytech said:
Hi i am doing DTMF project, i hav few old working Telephone sets.. i know it has both dtmf encoder & decoder.. without telephone lines i need to generate dtmf tones by giving external supplies , how its possible
Thanks
Wire up as indicated below.The current flowing in the telephone should be around 20 to 35 mA

after the 1K resistor place a 10uF capacitor to the other limb of supply. this I forgot before posting the schematic

Last edited:
I have a problem interfacing my TP5088 dtmf generator and pic 16f84a to the telephone line as the audio transformer isnt available where i live so can i use anything else other than the transformer?????????????????

RAZ,
This is your third thread about your simple problem that I answered in one of your other threads.
Steal a transformer from an old telephone product or buy a new one from a large electronics parts distributor like Digikey.

yeah but i just mentioned that i cant find it in any telephone nor buy it as it isnt available in any electronics distributor in my city PLUS i noticed that modern integrated telephones dont use audio xfmr so i thought there must be a substitute for that xfmr !

try to purchase 1:1:1 pulse transformer. these are sold in market. they might work upto 5KHz

My city--- joke .
How do we know where you are?
see across names of Audioguru and mvs sarma clearly mention where we are !!
however check for part no RS Stock No.210-6324 of RS Components UK

Last edited:
Hey i managed to get the xfmr from an old telephone but its not 600 ohm its 200 : 160 and with centertaps . I found an interface ct. connecting 470 ohm along with the xfmr and the telephone that solved the power problem i had but the call still cant b place .The telephone line doesnt seem to recognize the generated tone and keeps giving me that tone that is waiting for you to dial :s:s what could b the problem ????

Touch tones (DTMF) must be at the correct level on the telephone line.
Maybe your telephone line is set for dial pulses instead of for touch tones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back