Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Telephone calls Metering Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiemundu

Please let me know whether someone can help me come up with this Machine and we can eventually do some business.

Regards,
Eddiemundu :)

For exact metering need the coin take-in signal from phone company.The company send this signal only for public payphones.

the same idea

i think we have the same idea!!! as of now all i need is a circuit that detect the instant the called party picks up his phone----this is my metering reference point. I already have the color sensor for different paper bills. i already built the circuit which shows either the real time charge or the seconds consumed and automatically stops when the caller puts down the handset....using a ordinary calculator and a quartz clock....

the same idea

i think we have the same idea!!! as of now all i need is a circuit that detect the instant the called party picks up his phone----this is my metering reference point. I already have the color sensor for different paper bills. i already built the circuit which shows either the real time charge or the seconds consumed and automatically stops when the caller puts down the handset....using a ordinary calculator and a quartz clock....

Measuring of time... it's not enough. Not equal if somebody make a local call or oversea...

Telephone metering device

Sebi said:
Measuring of time... it's not enough. Not equal if somebody make a local call or oversea...

Hey..the Metering device should be programmable to desirable currency and should show time.Its use should be both on Regular phone and on Gsm Mobile.

Edward

just for NDD

:lol: yes, metering is really complicated, everything must be synchronized with the telephone company's programming...BUT
what i need so far doesn't include for overseas calls.
all i need to know is how can i make a circuit that will detect the picking of the handset of the called party...i'm just national long distance coverage :lol:

Unfortunately in caller-side You can't detecting any change when the receiver-side picking-off. Possible method the ringback-tone detecting, and when disappear, started the counter.
I've seen diverse phones with counter function, but it make only about 4sec delay from last number dialing, and started the counter... (Panasonic)

Well,
you could make a unit that reads the dialing made by the caller,
and then it would refer to the appropriate charge band.
It could also register the length of the call.
And the time of day, which affects pricing.

But i dont see any way for such a unit to take account of the
users agreement with the telephone company.

I get half price overseas calls included as part of the 'package'
that i am billed.

There are many 'packages' and 'deals' some of them are quite
difficult to follow, to make a unit that would keep a 'running
total' sounds like a difficult proposition to me.

You say you only need to know the point when the called party
answers the call ?

You may be able to do this with echo.
I may be wrong, but i think the sound changes when the call is
answered. You will have to have a listen to check, but i think
the audio at the calling end changes when the called party
picks up.

Whether or not you can detect that i dont know.

Best of luck with it,
John :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back