Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tektronix Oscilloscope Probe Readout Pin. What is it for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmcjetpilot

Tektronix Oscilloscope Probe Readout Pin. What is for?

I have a Tektronix 2235A Oscilloscope that came with P6109 150KHz probes.
Tektronix probes have that ground pin at the collar of the BNC. My generic
China made X1/X10 probes that I have don't have the pin.

There is no automatic switching from X1/X10 range, the selector dial for Vert
deviation has both scales, you just look at the right scale on the knob's dial.

It seems in X10 the China probe reads less than the X10 Tektronix probes?

Any detailed info would be great.

There is no automatic switching from X1/X10 range, the selector dial for Vert
deviation has both scales, you just look at the right scale on the knob's dial.

Many other Tek scopes have small lights where you see the little lines for X1 and X10. When 10X or switchable 1X & 10X probes are used the lamps illuminate to show the probe setting. With the 2235 you do as you said and note the probe in use and the scale to use.

The 6109B is a 100 MHz probe what is the upper frequency limit of the Chinese probes? I doubt you will see the same performance or uncertainty from the Chinese probes you see from a good Tek probe. Do the Chinese probes even read lower when reading for example a DC level?

Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back