Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tek 465B Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmessuri

Ok I must admit that I am an oscilloscope newbie (spent most of my time with Logic Analyzers) and I have just picked up a used Tektronix 465B. After reading the manual that came with it and following the instructions for pre-setting the scope I have came across a newbie question that I cant seem to find an answer to just yet and thusly is the reason of this post: How do I set the voltage trigger level (i.e. how do I get the scope to triger at 5 volts verses 3 volts - on the positive side of the slope)

Thanks for any help that you may provide (I sure could also use some links on tutorials on how to use this particular scope),

-- Michael --

How do I set the voltage trigger level (i.e. how do I get the scope to triger at 5 volts verses 3 volts - ..... )
You can't set it to a particular, known, threshold.
You can switch the triggering so that it operates on the positive or negative going slope of the waveform.

sure could also use some links on tutorials on how to use this particular scope
Don't know about this particular one, but a Google search for "oscilloscope tutorials" should give you some useful links.

David:

Thanks for the information, that is exactly what I needed to know (the scope that I used in the office allowed me to set a particular level for the trigger).

Have a great day.

-- Michael --

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back