Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVAC Tech

Let me start this post by stating that I am 41 years young. I used to play video games down at the arcade after my paper route. Then one day I remember my dad came home with a ColecoVision. Years later a Nintendo was purchased. I played that Damn thing until, well, until it wouldn't play anymore. That is when we became MaCGyver trying to get it to play. We would cram two cartridges into the machine, one on top of the other to apply pressure to the contacts so it would read the game. We would take the game out of the console and blow on it and the list goes on. All methods would eventually fail us at some point.
I kinda gave up on video games especially when they came out with the dual analog controllers. I just couldn't wrap my head around the concept at the time. Well fast forward to about two years ago when I purchased a ps3. I practiced and practiced with the controllers all the while feeling like an old fart because little kids where smoking me on these newer games. Well I finally got the hang of it and I manage to hold my own when I get around to playing once in awhile. It is absolutely amazing how far the graphics quality has come and the fact that you can play against people all over the world.

Maybe one day I'll decide to grow up, huh.

dont do it@!

im right behind you here,

if you find you are looking at your toes a lot, a good idea is to adjust your x and y sensitivity, plus for shooting games you need good internet and preemtive attack instincts/strategy.(you need to shoot before they are even in view)

May i recommend Fallout, great rpg in a post apocalyptic future, no punk kids to shoot you there, and you can set traps and snipe off edges for the harder game npc s.

Another personal favorite was Watchdogs, where you run around hacking the city via cell phone grids, things like traffic lights, traffic cams and power transformers!
My favorite is the spidertank that climbs walls, also there are multiplayer rounds where you find a multiplayer, 1 on 1 , and hack his phone, during this time you need to play hide and seek while they try to find you, to shoot and stop you, I messed with a lot of people with my unorthodox hiding spots.

I could just keep going with lists of games where its more entertainment , than hair trigger shooting where you cant even blink

Are you referring to gaming on the pc or console? I remember being able to adjust x y axis on the pc but it seems alot of console games just allow a sensitivity adjustment.
I'm glad I'm not the only old school gamer. Some may think it is a kids toy but like I stated, growing up seeing the technology progress and being a fan as a kid I'm still fascinated by it.
I feel that they have kinda reached a point in the gaming industry where the new consoles don't really offer much more than the previous version. This ofcourse means that the new games aren't compatible with the older consoles and visa versa. It is just a money pit if you ask me.

If you need to play all the old games, then you don't have a problem.

I have (almost ) every conceivable emulator on my PC... I have a complete ( simulated ) Amiga 1200HD running everything I used to love... I have the same for BBC and Speccy.

My son has several newer game consoles But! the on PS2 and the XBOX he bought the "sega collection" that contained all the old console favorites..

I personally love Unreal, so that's all I play... UT3 is basically Game of War!

lol, i feel like that about all tech, "state of the art" is always buggy and waste of money, the only things i ever bought new was my latest tv and pc, don't use the pc much for gaming, sometimes small ones, even my ps3 came out of kijiji with a few games, oops, sensitivity is what i meant, i feel console is better as dedicated gaming device, even my first atari 800 PC was 2nd hand, from a college kid, so it came with tons of ripped games and its also where I learned BASIC language.

You are rite , its also hard to find a good unique game but they do come out with one now and then.

for ps2/xbox/pc:
Another one i found fun were the lego games, OR if you guys can get Psychonauts, i highly recommend that too! truly a unique game play and story line, easy for kids , but fun for me's!

-- this scene is of my favorite level, the milkman conspiracy, where you get the clairvoyance badge to see through the eyes of others, those neon things are figments of your imagination, and mental cobwebs , that you need to collect. this entire video is actual gameplay scenes , no movie clips, even the level brings new concepts to gravity! be sure to get a game pad for it

man , i could just keep going with lists of good games for any era

I just never got it. We got a ps3 when blue ray was a new thing because it was the cheapest way to have a decent bd player at the time, played a few games on it, got back into electronics and lost interest in playing. It's main use was when the grand-kids were round. We now have a ps4 - I'm not entirely sure why, it just appeared one day when I wasn't quick enough to repair the 2nd ps3.
Give me nice engineered chassis any day, to oooh and ahh over...

I just never got it. ...
Well, I did, sorta... for a while.

First and last PC games I played were Zork and Snakebyte, both on an Apple II (early/mid '80s). Apparently, burned myself out just that quick :banghead:.

Doom on PC and Red Dead Redemption & Skyrim on Xbox are the ones which do it for me. (Don't have Xbox any more though, since moving from the UK)
My wife is a demon on Pacman and wipes the floor with me. I should make her a MAME cabinet as a project.

Doom on PC

I loved Doom (back in the DOS days), I had the mouse and keyboard configured exactly how I wanted, and could finish the game on all difficulty settings, and of course I played lot's of add-on levels as well :D

I used to play networked against my daughter as well, probably the only game I've ever been able to beat her at :rolleyes: (and that was only because my control configuration was extremely fast).

Talking daughter's, she's got a job now!! :D Post Doctoral Researcher, in 'Molecular Nano Fabrication' and 'Bio Nano Technology' :nailbiting:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back