Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Technics tapedeck (15pin in/out) wire up help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLT

I have a technics RS-CH770 separates tape deck,it has a 15pin connection input ,id like to know if its possible to power it with an ac/dc adapter and pick up audio line outs from those pins,ifso which ones and how.I dont know much bout these things! if someone can look at these pics of the pinout and make sense of it for me? View attachment 66250

Well it looks like you need an 11-0-11V transformer, and the audio I/O are clearly marked.

What you don't know about is the control signals and other pins, and if the unit requires them in order to work.

BTW - it's NOT a 'separate' - it's a music centre cut in half, if it was a separate it would have it's own transformer and be fully independent.

Well it looks like you need an 11-0-11V transformer, and the audio I/O are clearly marked.

What you don't know about is the control signals and other pins, and if the unit requires them in order to work.

BTW - it's NOT a 'separate' - it's a music centre cut in half, if it was a separate it would have it's own transformer and be fully independent.

So can i power it up in anyway, whats a 11-0-11V transformer???????

So can i power it up in anyway, whats a 11-0-11V transformer???????

If you don't know what a 11-0-11V transformer is?, I would suggest you don't get involved.

I've no idea if it would work or not, it depends entirely on what it needs to function - personally I would consider it a waste of time and bin it.

If you want a cassette deck, buy a proper one.

If you don't know what a 11-0-11V transformer is?, I would suggest you don't get involved.

I've no idea if it would work or not, it depends entirely on what it needs to function - personally I would consider it a waste of time and bin it.

If you want a cassette deck, buy a proper one.

IT needs power to function! !. Ive a ton ov chargers an such,could i give it 22v in some way.I enjoy doin a bit of this,its how you find out about what a 11-0-11V might be an **** knows what!! and thats why im here askin those who should know. its a top deck (new unused) im not binnin it. IT IS a proper one !!!! An i aint got **** all to waste buyin one. ANY IDEAS ANYONE

IT needs power to function! !. Ive a ton ov chargers an such,could i give it 22v in some way.I enjoy doin a bit of this,its how you find out about what a 11-0-11V might be an **** knows what!! and thats why im here askin those who should know. its a top deck (new unused) im not binnin it. IT IS a proper one !!!! An i aint got **** all to waste buyin one. ANY IDEAS ANYONE

Sorry, but it's NOT a 'top deck', it's just a cheapish music centre - any 'proper deck' would be a real separate. Most manufacturers made similar cheap units to fool the public in to thinking they were buying decent separates, when in reality you weren't - the Sony and Kenwood ones I've had dealings with weren't able to be used independently, they required data signals from the host unit.

Think of it like an in-car multi-CD player, it sits int he boot any connects to your dashboard unit, it's useless without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back