Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TCI ignition on an arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlipInTheData

Hello automotive electronics people :)

I have a thread running over at the arduino forum's, I need some help regarding (probable) RFI issues. Because there is already a lot of information in the forum, I will put a link here;

**broken link removed**

Now the main problem is, my mcu gets all kinds of weird signals when a spark gets fired, this even occurs when the mcu is in no way tied with the ignition coil (loose on a battery) and about a meter away from the ignition coil.

So my question is, what are ways of getting rid of these RFI and EMI problems?

Kind regards,
Sean.

try isolating the arduino by enclosing it in a metallic box (Faraday's cage) and using opto-couplers. you can also use some big caps at power supply of the arduino to make it resilient from power changes. you can also try to reprogram the fuses to disable reset pin. if the faradays cage idea is too expensive try to enclose the micro controller only in some metal. take inputs using opto-coupler is also another good method.

And every wire going into the box or coming through the wall of the box needs one of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back